1. Why choose clear acrylic invitations for a wedding?
The best reason to choose acrylic wedding invitations is the lasting impression they will make on your guests. Their distinct texture and feel set them apart from traditional paper invitations. Their transparent nature gives them a modern, minimalist aesthetic that complements many wedding themes and styles. The durability of the acrylic ensures that the invitations can be preserved as a memento of your special day, becoming treasured keepsakes for you and your guests.
2. Can I use clear acrylic invitations for other events, such as bridal showers or anniversary parties?
Yes. We've even designed some for milestone birthdays, perfect for a sweet sixteen or quinceañera. Many of our clear invitations allow you to edit copy to be used for various events.
3. Can I include additional inserts or RSVP cards with clear acrylic invitations?
Yes! We offer you the options you need to include additional cards or inserts to accompany the main invitation. Every acrylic invitation allows you to choose coordinating response and reception cards in clear acrylic or printed on smooth, white 115 lb. paper, so you can select the option that's right for you. We also offer stacked enclosures in white and ecru papers in different weights and finishes that you can use for multiple purposes, such as providing RSVP information, directions to the venue, accommodations details, or any other relevant information you want to share with wedding guests.
When choosing between paper and acrylic enclosures, consider the overall presentation of your invitation suite and how the size and weight will affect the postage cost. Ensure that the inserts fit comfortably within the envelope or mailing box and won't cause any damage to the invitation during mailing.
4. Can I add embellishments or decorations to clear acrylic invitations?
We think the embellishment options are among the best reasons to choose acrylic invitations! You can play up their sleek, minimalist look with a simple black wrap pocket or incorporate decorative elements like ribbon or fabric accents, translucent wraps with wax seals, pressed and dried flowers or charms and tokens to create a one-of-a-kind look.
5. How do I clean clear acrylic invitations?
You will need a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber or cotton), mild dish soap and clean water. Mix a small amount of dish soap with warm water in a bowl. Avoid using a lot of pressure when cleaning, as it may cause scratches. You can also minimize the risk of scratching by using a clean, dry cloth or a feather duster to remove dust before washing. Dip the soft cloth into the cleaning solution, wring out any excess liquid, and gently wipe the surface of the invitation in a circular motion. Focus on the areas with smudges and fingerprints. After cleaning, rinse the cloth with clean water to remove any soap residue. Then, dampen the cloth with clean water and gently wipe the invitation again to remove any remaining cleaning solution. Dry with a lint-free cloth to prevent all water spots or streaks.
- Avoid using rough or abrasive materials, such as paper towels or scrub brushes, as they will scratch the clear acrylic surface.
- Don't use ammonia-based or window cleaning products, as they may damage the acrylic material.
- Handle the clear acrylic invitations with clean hands to minimize the need for frequent cleaning.
- Leave the protective sheets on the front and back of the invitations until you prepare them for mailing, or store them in a protective case or sleeve to prevent dust from accumulating.
- Don't stack unprotected sheets on top of each other.
6. How do I send clear acrylic invitations through the mail?
Place each invitation in a protective sleeve or cover to prevent scratches or smudges. Padded envelopes or rigid boxes specifically designed for acrylic invitations are excellent choices. Ensure that the invitations are snugly fitted and won't shift during transit. Separate any enclosures from the invitation with a layer of tissue, or place the invitation in an inner envelope.
Take one of your assembled invitations to the post office to have it weighed so you'll know the exact postage, and ask them about any special treatment the package may need.
Because acrylic invitations are rigid, they can't be run through machines at the post office. You'll need to have them hand-canceled.
- Additional Protection: For added security, consider placing a "Fragile" or "Handle with Care" label on the packaging to alert postal workers to exercise caution when handling the package.
- Postage: Take the packaged invitations to the post office or shipping carrier of your choice. Consult with the postal service to determine the appropriate postage based on the size, weight, and destination of the package. Clear acrylic invitations may require additional postage due to their non-standard shape or weight, so it's important to verify this with the postal service.
- Insurance and Tracking: Consider adding insurance and tracking services to the shipment. This allows you to track the package's progress and provides coverage in case of loss or damage during transit.
- Hand Delivery: If the invitations are especially delicate or if you want to ensure they reach their destination without any risk, you can consider hand-delivering the invitations to local guests and hiring a courier service for longer distances.